I am an “old” gamer, dating back to the 70s (yes, they had gaming then, too). Starting back with 1st Edition AD&D, Avalon Hill games, etc. I unfortunately one day wandered into the miniatures hall at Origins ’84. The dioramas of all these miniature armies arrayed on beautiful terrain sunk in deep. Though I have stopped and started miniature gaming often over the years, I keep coming back for the beauty and camaraderie.
I have served as the NASAMW Virginia Coordinator (quite a while ago), published local gaming newsletters, and have run tournaments at Historicon, Cold Wars, and Nashcon.
However I’m now more into leisurely gaming (rather than the tournament push) so I can enjoy the camaraderie, a good whiskey, and some fun gaming.
Miniature games systems I have played include:
- Empire II and III (Napoleonic)
- Napoleon’s Battles (Napoleonic – duh!)
- Wargames Research Group 7th Edition (Ancients WRG 7th)
- De Bellis A/M/R/RR (Ancients and Medieval)
- Warhammer 40k (Space Marines)
- Warhammer40K Epic (LOVE this)
- My Galley Sally (Ancient sailing)
- Victory Without Quarter (ECW)
Other gaming I’m currently involved in:
- Eve Online (21 day free invite on clicked link)
- World of Warships
- Medieval Total War
- Dungeons and Dragons Online
- Avalon Hill classics (Tactics II, PanzerBlitz, Midway, Gettysburg, Third Reich, Wizard’s Quest, Titan Legion, etc…)
- Talisman (got a spare 8 hours?)
- Munchkin (most flavors)
- Magic the Gathering (older stuff – and just for fun. I like blue, so pfffttttt!!!! LOL).
- Easy Star (old free game from the internet. Contact me as I saved all the old pages from it).